Tennessee man who ‘stank of booze’ has been arrested for kicking heavily pregnant shop assistant in the stomach
Tennessee man who ‘stank of booze’ is arrested for kicking pregnant phone shop assistant three years after being arrested on the same street for public intoxication
- A Knoxville man was charged with assault after kicking a pregnant woman in the stomach at a phone shop on Sunday while she ‘stank’ of booze
- James Erwin White, 39, was at the Cricket Wireless store on Oct. 10 when police were called to the scene regarding an assault
- White had a previous conviction for public intoxication in August 2018
- White kicked the nearly full-term pregnant worker straight in the stomach, leaving her with a cut and bruise on her chin
- Authorities did not immediately disclose the status of the victim’s unborn child
- His previous conviction for public intoxication, which did not result in a assault charge, also took place in Knoxville on North Broadway.
A Knoxville man with a history of drunkenness in public was charged with assault after he kicked a pregnant woman in the stomach at a phone shop on Sunday while “smelling” of booze, police said.
James Erwin White, 39, who was also convicted of public intoxication in August 2018, went to the Cricket Wireless store on North Broadway on October 10.
The victim, a woman who was near term during her pregnancy and who worked in the store, told police that White came in and asked about phone sales. Then he suddenly became furious because he “didn’t like the answers.”
Pictured: James Erwin White’s mugshot from Sunday’s arrest for assault with bodily harm and public intoxication
The victim, who was not named by authorities, said White stood behind her and punched her with a closed fist.
She pushed him away, causing him to trip and fall. When he got up again, police said White kicked her directly in the stomach, according to WATE.
The outlet reports that the woman’s colleague called the police. Officers found White, who was slurping his words, unsteady on his feet and “stank of the smell of an alcoholic drink.”
The incident took place on Sunday at the Cricket Wireless store in the 2000 block of North Broadway (pictured).
Pictured: The strip mall parking lot on the 2000 block of North Broadway, where a man is accused of assaulting a near-term pregnant Cricket Wireless employee
Pictured: 39-year-old August 2018 mugshot for public intoxication
White was arrested and charged with assault. According to the police report, he was a danger to himself because of his drunkenness.
The victim suffered a cut and bruise on her chin. Authorities did not immediately disclose the status of the victim’s unborn child.
White’s previous conviction for public intoxication, which did not result in an assault charge, also took place in Knoxville on North Broadway, according to public records.
According to WATE, he is due to appear in court at 10 a.m. on October 18 for bail.