Your next cheat meal: Chocolatier Koko Black teams up with one of Australia’s most iconic ice cream brands for a decadent new dessert
- Australian artisan chocolatier Koko Black teams up with Connoisseur
- The $8.40 packs of four ice creams come in two delicious flavors
- The first is vanilla coated with 54 percent dark chocolate
- The second is honeycomb coated in Bag Leatherwood honeycomb pieces
- The ice creams are available in all leading supermarkets and convenience stores
Artisan chocolatier Koko Black has teamed up with iconic Australian ice cream brand Connoisseur to transform its chocolate into a decadent range of frozen desserts for the first time.
Designed for World Dessert Day today, the $8.40 packs of four are available at leading convenience and grocery stores across Australia and are made using creative ingredient combinations ‘designed for the Australian palate’.
The first flavor is the Classic Vanilla with Premium Crafted Chocolate – classic vanilla ice cream coated with 54 percent dark chocolate from Koko Black.
Artisan chocolatier Koko Black teams up with iconic Australian ice cream brand Connoisseur to transform its chocolate into a decadent range of frozen desserts for the first time
The second is Honeycomb with Premium Crafted Chocolate – honeycomb ice cream coated in Koko Black’s signature Tasmanian Leatherwood Honeycomb pieces in 54 percent dark chocolate.
Connoisseur’s team of culinary makers worked closely with Koko Black and their head chocolatier Remco Brigou to design the delicious new ice cream collection, drawing on his years of experience perfecting the balance of flavors.
“The key to bringing the two decadent brands together was that it felt like a true collaboration of Australia’s finest local ingredients,” Brigou said.
The first flavor is the Classic Vanilla with Premium Crafted Chocolate – classic vanilla ice cream coated with 54 percent dark chocolate from Koko Black. The second is Honeycomb with Premium Crafted Chocolate – honeycomb ice cream coated in Koko Black’s signature Tasmanian Leatherwood Honeycomb pieces
‘The chocolate coating is made from a premium selection of our Koko Black chocolate and is expertly combined with Connoisseur’s beloved vanilla ice cream for a truly delicious experience.’
Connoisseur Gourmet Ice Cream Marketing Manager Eileen Whitta said the team was delighted to partner with Koko Black on the range.
“It’s a truly immersive sensory experience for ice cream lovers in time for World Dessert Day. The flavor combinations were matched to appeal to the Australian palate with quality locally sourced ingredients to stimulate the senses,” she said.
It marks the second time Koko Black has teamed up with another Australian brand this year, with the crew creating a one-off Galaxy cake featuring Black Star Pastry for World Chocolate Day
Recipe: How to make a delicious No Bake Chocolate Tart
1 block (90g) Step Into The Dark Chocolate
Koko black milk chocolate shavings
Optional: Koko Black Cocoa Powder
400-500 ml thickened cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
400 g regular biscuits (we use Digestive or Arrowroot)
200 g butter
¼ cup powdered sugar (pure is best)
2 tbsp golden syrup or molasses
1. Put your biscuits of choice in a food processor and grind until you have a fine crumb. Leave the cookie crumbs in the food processor.
2. Melt your butter and golden syrup on the stove or in a microwave-safe bowl.
3. Pour your butter mixture into the food processor and optionally add Koko Black Cocoa Powder (2 tablespoons) to the mix if you want to make a chocolate base.
4. In a springform pan, press the cookie mixture evenly into and along the sides of the springform. Make sure the crust is not too thick, but thick enough to support the filling.
5. Put in the fridge for about half an hour.
6. Melt your Step Into The Dark Chocolate in a pan on the stove until smooth. Once cooled and smooth, stir in powdered sugar and vanilla extract for some extra sweetness. Put aside.
7. Whip your cream in a standing mixer or with a hand beater until you get nice, wavy stiff peaks. Gently fold in your chocolate and mix well.
8. Pour the cream into the cookie cutter and spread it flat with a spatula. Place back in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours before drizzling with Koko Black Milk Chocolate Shavings to serve.
It marks the second time Koko Black has teamed up with another Australian brand this year, with the crew creating a one-off Galaxy cake featuring Black Star Pastry for World Chocolate Day.
The decadent creation was topped off with a blazing Sao Thome chocolate flame and crumbled cocoa bean debris reminiscent of the textures of the moon; the sculpted jet stream of chocolate brings the crushing effect of the meteor to life.
Brigou described the “extremely light” dessert as an “indulgent and intense chocolate flavor” topped off with hazelnut, saying it was best enjoyed slowly.
“Make sure to taste each layer at once as you take a bite,” he told FEMAIL.
“We recommend that you eat half of the cake, then put the truffle on top and finish your slice.”