Latest Breaking News & Top Headlines

Dan Andrews Department of Health is LOADED for 58 violations over screwed up hotel quarantine

0

BREAKING NEWS: Dan Andrews’ Department of Health is DECIDED with 58 violations over the bungled hotel quarantine system that led to Victoria’s lockdown

  • Victoria Department of Health charged with 58 hotel quarantine violations










Dan Andrews’ Department of Health has been charged with 58 violations related to the bungled hotel quarantine system that led to the state’s 112-day lockdown last year.

In a statement released by the department Wednesday afternoon, WorkSafe claimed they violated occupational health and safety laws that ensure that “persons other than employees were not exposed to risks to their health and safety as a result of conducting its business.”

Each of the violations would amount to payments of $1.64 million each, with the Department of Health paying a $95.12 million payout for the violations if found guilty by a tribunal.

“The Department of Health, formerly the Department of Health and Human Services, has been accused of 17 violations of Section 21(1) of the Working Conditions Act, in that it has failed to provide, to the extent reasonably possible, a working environment provide and maintain. that was safe and without risk to workers’ health,” the company said in a statement.

The department has been charged with a further 41 violations of Section 23(1) of the Working Conditions Act for failing to ensure, to the extent reasonably possible, that persons other than employees were not exposed to risks to their health and safety. arising from the conduct of its business.

“Between March and July 2020, the Department of Health was responsible for overseeing and coordinating Operation Soteria, Victoria’s first hotel quarantine program.”

More to come.

Dan Andrews’ Department of Health has been charged with 58 violations over the bungled hotel quarantine system that led to the state’s 112-day lockdown last year

WorkSafe claims that authorized employees and security guards were at risk of serious illness or death from contracting the coronavirus from returning Australians, either from working in the hotels or from contaminated surfaces.

The investigation took 15 months and reviewed tens of thousands of documents and included multiple witness interviews from staff.

“A review of the material from last year’s COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine study provided relevant context and information that informed parts of the study,” the statement from the health ministry said.

“The decision to prosecute has been made in accordance with WorkSafe’s General Prosecution Guidelines, which require WorkSafe to determine whether there is sufficient evidence for a reasonable chance of conviction and whether it is in the public interest to prosecute.”

The investigations include investigations of the hotels and security companies used by Dan Andrews’ government as part of the hotel quarantine system.

They also spoke to other ministries and agencies as part of the investigation.

The case will be heard in the Magistrate’s Court on October 22, with WorkSafe saying they will not comment further.

Advertisement

.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.