Atletico Madrid 1-2 Mallorca: Real Madrid tenant Takefusa Kubo scores last minute WINNER to beat Diego Simeone’s men at home as visitors make a stunning late comeback at Wanda Metropolitano
- Takefusa Kubo scored a last-minute goal to take all three points for Mallorca
- Diego Simeone chose to start the match with Luis Suarez on the bench
- His gamble seemed to pay off as Atletico took a lead in the second half
- Mallorca however struck twice in the last 10 minutes to turn the game around
- Atletico are now seven points behind Real Madrid in the title race
Takefusa Kubo picked up a dramatic late winner for Mallorca to seriously dent Atletico Madrid’s title hopes at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium on Saturday.
The hosts were looking for their third consecutive league win to close the gap with Real Madrid at the top of LaLiga, and Diego Simeone took a gamble by starting the game with Luis Suarez on the bench ahead of the crucial Champions League game. his team’s clash with Porto on Tuesday.
His risky selection backfired when Mallorca came from behind and scored twice in the last 10 minutes via Franco Russo and Kubo to take all three points.
More to follow.
Luis Suarez started the match somewhat surprisingly on the substitution bench for the hosts
Matheus Cunha’s goal gave Atlético Madrid the lead, but they couldn’t keep it up
Mallorca celebrate their equalizing goal, scored by their centre-back, Franco Russo
Takefusa Kubo scored a huge late goal and gave Mallorca an unlikely win away from home