Adelaide pedophile Bronte Ciracovitch confesses despicable acts, including abuse of four-year-old boy
Pedophile childcare worker, 30, admits molesting 4-year-old boy while being filmed on cell phone – as his identity is revealed so letters can be written to parents about his despicable offense
- Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30, from Adelaide, pleaded guilty to child sex crimes
- Police contacted 180 families about his troubling violations to build a case
- His ex-boyfriend pleaded not guilty to charges and will face trial in Adelaide
A pedophile childminder has confessed to sexually abusing a four-year-old boy while being filmed with a mobile phone.
Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30, pleaded guilty in Adelaide court on Friday to maintaining an unlawful sexual relationship with a child.
He had already been guilty of producing or taking steps to produce child exploitation material.
Ciracovitch could face up to 15 years in prison if found guilty at trial, but will receive a whopping 25 percent reduction in his sentence due to his early pleadings.
The 30-year-old’s name suppression was lifted in March so that 180 families whose children went to the Child Care Services Australia center in north Adelaide where he worked could be notified, The Adelaide Advertiser reported.
Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30, changed his plea in the Adelaide District Court on Friday when he pleaded guilty to abusing a four-year-old boy
Ciracovitch’s ex-boyfriend and co-defendant Kane Graham Rockley, 34, is accused of helping film the abuse of a four-year-old
Ciracovitch has also pleaded guilty to two charges of possessing child exploitation material — one basic and one aggravated — after initially denying the charges.
His ex-boyfriend Kane Graham Rockley, 34, was accused of arranging the shooting of the four-year-old’s abuse.
He was also accused of filming a boy taking a shower and sending the footage to a third person.
Rockley was charged with an aggregate count of producing child exploitation material and maintains his innocence.
He will appear in court at a later date.
Ciracovitch was arrested in September 2020 and initially faced seven charges, including: aggravated counts of producing and possessing child exploitation material and having sex with a child.
Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30, was the only man working in a daycare center in Adelaide’s northern suburbs when he was arrested last September
Adelaide Magistrates Court heard he would have had a sexual relationship with a child between December 31, 2019 and September 21, 2020.
He pleaded innocent at the time.
But on Friday, he changed his plea and pleaded guilty to three charges.
He faces up to 15 years in prison, but is eligible for a 25 percent reduction in sentence for pleading guilty.
Ciracovitch will appear in court again next month with a new child abuse case.
His lawyers are seeking a plea for that alleged crime.
A parent from the childcare center expresses dismay at Cirakovitch’s arrest and being kept in limbo for so long
The families alerted by the police were unhappy that it took South Australian police up to six months to contact them about Ciracovitch’s ill acts.
“My stomach just dropped…I just thought it couldn’t be,” a parent told Seven News of the moment he learned of Ciracovitch’s arrest.
‘I felt sick to death, I felt betrayed… I will never trust again. [My son] went to the center when he became one and he left as soon as I heard what had happened and the arrest.’
The letters played a major role in the cancellation of Ciracovitch’s eviction order on Wednesday.
Lawyers from the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said detectives wanted to send the letters to warn the families of the charges against Ciracovitch.
Ciracovitch was attending Elizabeth Magistrates Court in Adelaide (pictured) last September when he was arrested
They argued that if the suppression order remained, the police would be given an exemption to send their letters.
In March, Ciracovitch’s lawyer said the revocation of the suppression order was “appalling” as police planned to “name and disgrace the defendant” to gather evidence.
The revocation of the suppression order came after a 2019 amendment to the law that removed automatic anonymity for alleged sex offenders.